Thursday, January 18, 2007

Happy Thoughts

well - as we speak we are getting our first snow. of course it isn't sticking so that means school will go the whole day today, but it did a good job of getting the kids all excited. so mark and i get to experience our first winter weather since moving up here from florida - lots of fun!!! :)

well last night during youth group while mark was speaking, i found this verse in one of the corinthians and of course now i'm having trouble finding it. ahh - found it. although it was in a different version - i only have my school kjv with me.

I Corinthians 15:10

But by the grace of God i am what i am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but i labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Anyway - i thought that it was a neat verse. i am only what i am because of God's grace. it definitely encouraged me. i've been kinda questioning teaching next year, but we turn in our intent form saying that i am. and this just encouraged me that i can do what i do with God's strength.

also in my bible class God taught me along with the kids - its kinda unnerving when that happens. we were talking about God's mercy and how much he has done for us. then we in turn should show the same mercy and forgiveness to others. its easy to say - oh its different for me cause i'm the teacher and i can be mean cause i have to deal with you. but that isn't what God wants us to do. he wants us to forgive as much as he forgives us. he wants us to merciful just as he was and is merciful to us. just a thought to remember.



anyway - this is the picture that mark and i sent in our christmas cards. it was about the 15th pic that we took - the dog was not cooperating. but we finally got it settled. we have also decided that the dog doesn't like the cold weather. he gets all mopey and depressed and then when it warms up he is energetic and annoying - so tempermental!!! :)

have a great day!!! only 1 day till the weekend.

1 comment:

sc3b said...

OK, I thought that I would comment as I see that you have none for your last few posts. Well, I still check your blog, but have been too tired to think of anything to say!! Very busy here. The girls went back to school today, so we're looking forward to the rest of the kids being back!!!
Great verse!!